Strengthening Our Community Through Support and Engagement
🤝 Empowering You to Live Strong, Think Sharp, and Connect Deeply 🤝
At the Westlake Recreation Department, our Support Pathway is dedicated to providing programs that support the emotional, mental, and social well-being of our community members. These programs are designed to foster resilience, encourage healthy relationships, and keep minds active and engaged.
Featured Support Pathway Programs:
- Senior Strong: An engaging forum for important conversations about emotional health, navigating relationships as you age, and various other topics. Join us for lively discussions, helpful tips, and information to help you live a strong and fulfilling life. Discussions led by Bob Piovarchy of the Far West Center.
- Brain Games: Keep your mind sharp with this fun and challenging class. Engage in puzzles, games, and activities designed to stimulate your brain and encourage different ways of thinking. Laughter and camaraderie guaranteed!
- Senior Strong Discussions: Held on Wednesdays, November 8 and December 13 at 11:00 am.
- Brain Games Session: Scheduled for Wednesday, November 8 at 1:00 pm.
- Participation: These programs are free. Please call to reserve your spot or use MyActive Center one day prior to the event.
Why Join Our Support Pathway?
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: Our programs focus on aspects crucial for a healthy and balanced life, especially as we age.
- Social Connection: These gatherings provide an excellent opportunity to connect with others, share experiences, and build a support network.
- Engaging and Stimulating: Both intellectually and socially stimulating, these sessions promise to be as enjoyable as they are beneficial.
- Accessible to All: We ensure these programs are open and welcoming to all who wish to participate.
Embrace the opportunity for personal growth, community connection, and mental stimulation with our Support Pathway. Whether you're looking to strengthen your emotional health or keep your mind active, we have something for you. Join us and discover how these programs can positively impact your life.
Join us for important conversations regarding emotional health, navigating relationships as you age and a multitude of other topics. We look forward to seeing everyone for lively conversations and some helpful tips and information to help you live Senior Strong. Bob Piovarchy of the Far West Center will lead the discussion.
Wednesdays, November 8 and December 13, 11:00am. Call to reserve or use MyActive by one day prior. FREE
There is never a dull moment in this class designed to challenge your brain to think in different ways. Puzzles, games and laughter are guaranteed. Bring a pencil…or a pen if you dare!
Wednesday, November 8, 1:00pm. FREE. Call to register or use MyActive Center by one day prior to each date. FREE (No program in December)
GRIEF DROP IN SUPPORT
All of us struggle with issues around grief from time to time. This drop-in session, facilitated by Carleen Broberg of Nivalis, will give you space to explore your grief and tools to support you in your journey.
Wednesdays, November 1 and December 6, 2:00pm. Call to reserve or use MyActive Center—walk-in’s welcome.
Caregiving can be both the most rewarding and most difficult thing you do. It can also be very isolating. Come join us to share your journey with others. We will help one another with issues and talk about how to take care of ourselves while caregiving. Please feel free to bring your loved one if you need to. We have plenty of free coffee and lounging space.
Mondays, November 27 and December 18, 12:00noon. Call to reserve or use MyActive Center by 7/20. Drop-in’s are welcome.
Attorney, Justin Watling, helps with Living Wills and Health Care Directives at no cost. Call to arrange an appointment with attorney, 440-899-3544.
First three Tuesdays each month, 3:30 & 4:00pm.