Participation in any physical activity can have inherent and unforeseeable risks that may cause injury or harm. Therefore, anyone taking part in a program or activity sponsored by the Westlake Recreation Department must assume the risks associated with such participation, and be responsible for taking proper precautions.
Facial coverings are required when:
- Entering and exiting the Westlake Recreation Center, Westlake Aquatic Center & Peterson Pool or Meadowood Golf Course.
- Within 6 feet of another person not in your household in any area of the facility.
- Spotting for another person in the fitness room.
- Moving from one piece of equipment or pool to another.
- Walking to and from the pools.
- Going to and from class but not during class as long as 6 feet of social distancing is maintained.
- All concession areas.
Facial coverings are NOT required when:
- Actively exercising.
- On the track.
- Playing basketball.
- In the water at the pool.
Fitness Room Guidelines
- No more than 50 people will be allowed in the Fitness Room at a time.
- Once the maximum occupancy is reached, members will be asked to wait outside, using the 6-foot spacing markers on the sidewalk in front of the Rec Center.
- The gymnasium is open for basketball and pickleball with restrictions.
- No more than 50 people are allowed to use the Gymnasium at a time.
- No more than 10 people will be allowed to use the Indoor Track at a time.
- Players must bring their own basketballs, pickleballs and racquets as none will be provided.
- Walkers, whom have been allowed to use the gymnasium, will be permitted to use the Indoor Track.
General Guidelines (subject to change due to COVID-19)
- To enter activity areas you must: present a current membership card, be a registered guest of a member, pay a non-member resident fee after showing verification of Westlake residency, participate in a registered program, or register as a visitor. A visitor is someone who is touring the facility as a prospective member or is here to watch a participant in a Westlake Recreation Center program.
- Locker rooms are available to members and guests on a first-come, first-served basis. Members/guests are required to bring a lock to secure their belongings, which must be removed at the end of the day. The City of Westlake is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. Towel service is not provided.
- Children under the age of 13 are not permitted in the building after 8 pm unless accompanied by an adult/legal guardian, or are in a registered program.
- Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by an adult (18 years of age or older) or parent/legal guardian while in the building at all times.
- Children can not be left unattended at any time during their visit.
- Individuals are not permitted to use the center for personal gain. All individual lessons (personal trainers, basketball, swim, etc.) must be currently under written contract with the City of Westlake. Families with young children must use same gender locker rooms or the family locker room when changing.