Westlake Aquatic Center & Peterson Pool
The WAC features five bodies of water built to excite all ages, including:
- Peterson Pool (5,700 sq. ft.) – Traditional diving board and climbing wall. The climbing wall allows guests to fall backwards into the pool, once they climb to the top. This pool features a cove area with seats and jets, a perfect place for parents to sit and watch kids in the shallow end of the lap pool.
- Slide Plunge Pool (1,200 sq. ft.) – The two existing tall speed slides from the previous pool have been renovated.
- Lazy River (6,600 sq. ft.) – Choose between passive or adventurous paths while floating down the lazy river in a provided inner tube. The adventurous path features various spay canons and a dumping bucket.
- Activity Pool (5,300 sq. ft.) – This pool ranges from zero depth to 3 ft., allowing children of all ages to use. A large interactive water feature with multiple levels sits in the center of the pool with two low-slope slides perfect for smaller children. Multiple water effects on and around the structure encourage a total play experience.
- Splash Pad (2,000 sq. ft.) – The labyrinth feature highlights the splash pad that allows kids to engage with different life-like stream behaviors as water encounters creeks, flood plains ripples and cascades. The splash pad encourages interactive play by introducing loose objects like boats, duckies or sticks that float downstream.
Additionally, the WAC features a pool deck with space for more than 1,000 occupants, which includes multiple permanent shade structures and a pavilion. There is also grass space available for guests to lounge on a towel or blanket. The WAC Pool House includes a concession stand, administrative offices and changing/restrooms (men’s, women’s and family), and locker space is located conveniently just outside of the buildings. WAC members are able to plan a birthday party, have a picnic, or bring the kids for a swim.