The State of Ohio has launched four grant programs to help small and medium-sized businesses recover from the impact of the coronavirus pandemic. Details are available at BusinessHelp.Ohio.Gov. Read on...
The State of Ohio has released a fully redesigned, streamlined job search process available via the OhioMeansJobs.com website for Ohio jobseekers and employers. Read on...
There are many resources available to help businesses stay afloat during the COVID-19 pandemic and the City of Westlake's Department of Economic Development is committed to helping business owners and individuals find out which apply to them. Read on...
Help For Businesses During COVID-19 Situation
Governor Mike DeWine has announced that only essential businesses should remain operational and should be staffed only by essential personnel and employees whom can work from home during the COVID-19 containment effort. This guidance, which can be found HERE, and the governor’s Stay-At-Home Order, carry major implications for employers in Westlake and across the country, as well as their employees.
Fortunately, numerous public and private organizations are working to provide aid in the form of tax relief, low income loans and suspended insurance payment plans.
Below are useful links to available information and funding programs:
U.S. Conference of Mayors’ Partner America program:
- In conjunction with American Management Services, Inc., the USCM has launched a program called Partner America with the goal to help small businesses navigate the number of funding options available at the local, state and federal levels.
U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Disaster Loan Assistance:
- Offering up to $2 million in low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury as a result of COVID-19.
U.S Chamber of Commerce:
- Working closely with the White House, US government agencies and foreign governments to inform and equip businesses with important information
IRS Coronavirus Tax Relief:
- The IRS has established a special section focused on steps to help taxpayers, businesses and others affected by COVID-19.
- Payment Deadline extended to July 15, 2020
ODJFS COVID-19 and Unemployment Insurance:
- The Ohio Jobs & Family Services has created a page to answer questions about COVID-19 and Unemployment Insurance Benefits.
Economic & Community Development Institute Loan Program:
- Assistance for startups and small businesses
Utilities & Service Providers:
- FirstEnergy www.firstenergycorp.com
- Columbia Gas www.columbiagasohio.com
- AT & T www.att.com
- Spectrum www.spectrum.com
Workforce Training Resources:
- Ohio Governor’s Office of Workforce Transformation
From the Governor’s Office:
- Guidance on essential businesses, employees
- Ohio Job Search Portal
- Stay-at-Home Order
- Help for adults coping with COVID-19 stress
- Ohio Department of Health - Coronavirus Portal
Find more COVID-19 resources HERE.
- Manage the City's business incentive programs
- Coordinate a business retention visitation program
- Serve as the liaison with the existing business community
- The department also is responsible for the annual publication of the Westlake Magazine.
View 2021 Westlake Magazine
Opens a New Window. Advertise in the 2022 issue! Ad sales close on Monday, November 4:
Advertising opportunities for the 2022 issue Opens a New Window.
Mayor's Letter for the 2020 issue Opens a New Window.
Tour Westlake Videos
The City of Westlake is continuing to partner with CGI Communications to highlight what the city offers to our residents, visitors and corporate community through 7 short videos.
DemographicsDemographic information according to the 2010 United States Census Bureau
City of Westlake tax rates are one of the lowest in Cuyahoga County. The chart below shows a comparison of real property tax rates for select cities. Our municipal Income Tax Rate is only 1.5%.Comparative Tax Rates (PDF)