Rubbish & Recycling
Rumpke Waste and Recycling provides residential recycling and rubbish collection services for the City of Westlake. For more information about Rumpke, visit their website. For questions, concerns, or to report rubbish and/or recycling that was not collected, contact Rumpke at 800-828-8171. You can also report this information Opens a New Window. to Rumpke online.
NEW for 2019: Residential City Services Brochure
The 2019 Residential City Services brochure Opens a New Window. is a quick guide to reference throughout the year for holiday schedules, recycling do's and don'ts, special collections, who to call about utilities and more.
The brochure was published in the January/February issue of Mayor's Newsletter. Printed copies are also available at City Hall and the Service Center.
Day and Time of Collection
Recycling and rubbish materials will be picked up on the same day each week, except when a holiday falls on or before your regular pick-up day. Then your recycling and rubbish materials will be collected 1 day later. Please place your rubbish and recycling at the tree lawn by 6 a.m. on your collection day, or preferably the night before, after 6 p.m. Place rubbish and recycling containers on opposite sides of your driveway. Please refer to the Recycling and Rubbish Routes Opens a New Window. to determine your collection day.
Collection will be affected by the following holidays:
- New Year's Day 1/1/19 - 1 day delay for Tuesday - Friday routes only
- Memorial Day 5/27/19 - 1 day delay for all routes
- Independence Day 7/4/19 - 1 day delay for Thursday and Friday routes only
- Labor Day 9/2/19 - 1 day delay for all routes
- Thanksgiving Day 11/28/19 - 1 day delay for Thursday and Friday routes only
- Christmas Day 12/25/19 - 1 day delay for Wednesday - Friday routes only
- New Year's Day 1/1/20 - 1 day delay for Wednesday - Friday routes only
- Mattresses, box springs, and upholstered furniture (couches, chairs, etc.) must be wrapped in plastic for health reasons.
- Collection will be after 6 a.m. Bulk items and large stops may be collected later in the day.
- Place a name or address on cans, lids and bins.
- Streets do not have a specific time of collection and collection times may vary due to volume, construction, time of year, weather, etc.