The City of Westlake provides each residence with an 18 gallon recycle bin. All recyclables can be mixed together in the single bin. You may also use your own container if it is clearly marked “Recycling”. Do not use plastic bags. If you need a bin, please call the Service Center at 440-835-6432 to have one delivered to your residence. You can also pick up one from the Service Center at 741 Bassett Road. Residents are welcome to more than one bin.
Combine these items in your curbside recycling:
- CANS: Includes all metal food and beverage cans such as pop, beer, soup, vegetable, and tuna. Cans should be emptied, rinsed, and then recycled.
- CARTONS: Includes milk, juice, soup and broth plus wine cartons. Cartons should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and place in your curbside recycling.
- GLASS: Includes glass food and beverage bottles and jars. Empty, rinse and replace the lid before recycling. You do not need to remove the label.
- PAPER & BOXES: All paper and boxes can be recycled, including newspapers, magazines, junk mail, boxes, greeting cards, cereal boxes, cardboard, phone books and clean pizza boxes. Flatten cardboard items, like cereal boxes, to save space.
- PLASTIC BOTTLES & JUGS: All empty plastic bottles or jugs can be placed in your curbside recycling. This includes items like water and soda bottles, shampoo bottles, milk, water and juice jugs, laundry detergent jugs and bleach bottles. Bottles and jugs should be emptied and rinsed. Replace the cap and put in your curbside recycling.
- Not all plastics with the 1-7 symbol are recyclable. See the chart below.
The Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District offers a recycling and disposal search engine for all residents of Cuyahoga County. Find answers to your recycling, disposal and reuse questions by using the “What Do I Do With?” search bar located at the top of every page of at www.CuyahogaRecycles.org.
Residents can drop off cans, cartons, glass bottles and jars, paper and boxes plus plastic bottles at the Police Department (27300 Hilliard Boulevard), Clague Playhouse (1371 Clague Road) and Meadowood Golf Course (29800 Center Ridge Road).
Motor oil can be dropped off year-round at the Westlake Service Center, Monday thru Friday from 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Simple Recycling Not affiliated with Rumpke
Residents can recycle unwanted clothing, shoes, and household items with free, curbside pick-up on your regular recycling collection day. Place your green or orange Simple Recycling bags beside your recycling bin for collection. Reminder, Rumpke will not pick up these bags. This is a separate recycling program through Simple Recycling.
Men's, women's and children's clothing, shoes, bedding, belts, books, bras, coats, fashion accessories, gloves, handbags, hats, jackets, kitchenware, linens, pillows, purses, slippers (in pairs), socks, stuffed animals, table linens, tools, towels, toys and undergarments.
Residents can also pick up Simple Recycling flyers, bags & stickers at the following locations: City Hall (27700 Hilliard Blvd.), Service Center (741 Bassett Rd.), Community Services Center (29694 Center Ridge Rd.), and Porter Library (27333 Center Ridge Rd.).