Yard Waste & Brush
Yard Waste (collected by Rumpke)
Yard waste must be placed in regular refuse cans, plastic trash bags or paper yard waste bags. These materials will be collected by Rumpke with your regular rubbish. Please note that contractors are responsible for the removal of yard waste they create.
Examples of yard waste: grass clippings, ornamental grasses, flowers, plants, leaves, weeds. Reminder: ornamental grasses must be tied, bundled and placed next to rubbish for collection.
Brush (collected by Service Dept.)
The Westlake Service Department will only pick up branches and tree limbs under the following conditions. Please note that contractors are responsible for the removal of all branches and shrubs they cut.
- 4 foot by 2 foot bundles, maximum spread of 2 feet, maximum 50 pounds
- Larger size branches, limbs or logs, 3 inches or more in diameter, must be cut into shorter lengths, stacked in a pile, and not exceeding 50 pounds
- Single branches must not exceed 4 feet in length
- Placed on tree-lawn, bundles parallel to curb, ends in same direction, separated away from rubbish and recycling
- Place on tree lawn by 6 a.m. on your regular scheduled collection day
- Collection may be delayed depending on volume of brush to be collected
- All thorns and/or pricker branches must be bundled
- Remove all metal, wire, nails, roots and dirt
- Do not mix any other rubbish, yard waste, or other materials with the brush
- Cans may be used if they contain brush only, are clearly marked "brush" and separated away from rubbish and recycling
- Maximum can weight of 50 pounds
- Maximum container size of 32 gallons
- Please label cans "brush"
- Bundles must be tied securely with a non-metallic binder such as rope, twine, or nylon.
- Brush bundled with wire, cords, or cable will not be collected.
Please note that contractors are responsible for the removal of all yard waste and brush they create.