ATTENTION (April 6, 2020): At this time the Planning Department is asking that applications be mailed to the city or be dropped off outside City Hall in the drop-off container. We request that copies of all documents associated with your submission be provided electronically as PDFs. Please provide copies of all documents for both pre-application submissions and planning commission submissions, as some staff is working from home at this time.
Next: The Monday, June 29, Planning Commission Meeting will begin at 7 p.m. at City Hall (doors do not open prior to 6:45 p.m.). Applicants and/or agents must be present and prepared to present plans to the commission (bring a copy of your proposal to present to the commission). The agenda is available HERE.
If you have any questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the planning department at 440-617-4305.
- Board of Zoning Appeals Application Opens a New Window. ; Board of Zoning Appeals Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Conditional Use Permit Application Opens a New Window.
- Development Plan Application Opens a New Window. ; Planning Commission Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Lot split assemb application Opens a New Window. Lot Split and Assembly Application Opens a New Window. ; Planning Commission Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Signs, Planning Commission Application Opens a New Window. ; PC meeting schedule Opens a New Window. Opens a New Window.
- Subdivision application Opens a New Window. Subdivision Application Opens a New Window. ; Planning Commission Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Zoning Code Amendments Opens a New Window.
Crocker Park Design Guidelines and ApplicationsFor all signage in Crocker Park please contact the Crocker Park Tenant Coordinator for all permits and approval letter. The application is a joint application requiring the signature of the development (Crocker Park) and the applicant as well as an approved letter from Crocker Park.
- Final Mixed-use Design Manual (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Crocker Park Design Guidelines for I-Block Housing (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Crocker Park Sign Criteria and Master Sign Plan (PDF) Opens a New Window.
- Crocker Park Sign Application Opens a New Window. ; Planning Commission Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Crocker Park Storefront Application Opens a New Window. ; Planning Commission Schedule Opens a New Window.
- Crocker Park Semi Permanent Sign Application - submit to the Westlake Building Department
- Planning, Platting and Zoning Code - Chapters 11 and 12
Dover Village Design Guidelines
The Planning Department administers plans and programs for the orderly development of the City of Westlake. Planning oversees the development and updating of the city’s guide plan, planning and platting code, and zoning code. The department reviews all development plans and land subdivisions to determine compliance with the city’s codes for zoning, development and signs, and reviews construction plans and inspects completed projects to determine their compliance with approved development plans and zoning codes.
- Consulting with prospective applicants, residents, developers and property owners
- Administering the platting and planning code, the zoning code and the sign ordinance
- Providing staff support to the Planning Commission, the Board of Zoning Appeals, and the Board of Building appeals by reviewing applications, preparing agendas, legal notices and meeting minutes and notifying affected property owners
- Administering the design guidelines and the storefront and sign criteria for Crocker Park
- Administration and implementation of plans and programs for the comprehensive and orderly development of the city including the 2016 Guide Plan and special studies such as the Westlake Citywide Bike Plan.
- When it comes to keeping Westlake beautiful, the Planning Department oversees the city’s participation in the local competition Westlake in Bloom.
To request a zoning classification letter, please email email@example.com. Note: letters only provide a zoning classification for the property. For more in-depth information per the Ohio Sunshine Laws, our files and records are available for you to view and research from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.