Dunford Betterment Survey
If you have noticed pink flags around, it is because the Columbia Gas engineering team is surveying the area ahead of a possible project in the future. More information will be available if and when the project is finalized.
Westlake proposes to complete reconfiguration of I-90/SR 252 (Columbia Road) Interchange
Kenley Court Retention Basin
The City of Westlake partnered with Cuyahoga County Soil & Water to apply for a state grant to improve the retention basin around the Point West Stream. If approved, the project Proposed improvements around Point West Stream. would enhance drainage and water quality along the stream and in the surrounding area.
Lilly Weston House
The City has applied and obtained a grant from the Ohio Facilities Construction Commission, (OFCC Community Grant) to help fund the restoration. The work funded through this grant along with some City funds will include the following.
- Framing, removal and rebuild of rotted materials
- New floor flooring only subflooring currently exists
- 1850's Section replacement of all rotted joists and subfloor.
- Remove circa 1960's stairs in a 1840's section:
- Reframe opening to match existing
- Relocate stairs to original location with construction of the era
- Correct hardwood staircase and railing
- Structural roof repairs for the 1850 Section
- Masonry repairs
- window replacement, only when too rotted to repair, using cypress, reclaimed glass where possible,
- Construction of new period appropriate front stoop with reclaimed sandstone to the 1840's Section
- Adding a ADA entry at recessed porch on 1850 Section, related A/E services.