- Individuals on the same membership must live at the same address.
- Membership application must be completed by parent/legal guardian for all minors.
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Annual memberships are good for one year from the date of purchase. Renewal is not automatic and must be done yearly.
- You may renew your membership online as long as there are no changes to the membership and done within 30 days of expiration. Verification must be uploaded to your account. New memberships must be done at the Recreation Center.
- Members and their guests are subject to the Zero Tolerance Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Policies. See Zero Tolerance Code of Conduct and Disciplinary Plan for more details.
- Age Requirements: Children ages 10+ may visit the building without an adult 18 years or older. Members age 13 may use the fitness center with an adult 18 years of age and older (excludes daily guests). Members age 14+ may use the fitness center. Kids Club use is available for children ages 12 months to up to 10 years.
- Installment Billing: In lieu of paying in full at the time of purchase, we offer an installment billing option. This option includes a total of 4 payments. The first initial payment is due at the time of registration along with a voided check. There will then be 3 additional consecutive monthly payments billed in order to pay the annual membership in full. Additional details are available at the Recreation Center Front Desk.
- Adding a Member: Members 18 years of age and older may add a family member to their membership (18 years of age or older) as long as they reside at the same address and provide the required documentation. The primary member must be present to add additional members. Member must pay the full difference between package rates to upgrade at the time of addition and fees will not be pre-rated. If you are using the installment billing option, those payments will remain the same until the membership is paid in full. The expiration date of the original membership becomes effective for all members.
- Corporate Discounts: A 10% corporate discount applies if the corporation has 10 employees or more with current memberships. Discount will be applied towards a membership renewal, provided that the requirements are met.
Required Documents for Membership
- Residency: Members must present current photo ID and current proof of residency. Accepted forms of residency include current: driver's license/state ID, utility bill, pay stub, credit card bill, rental agreement, or bank statement. Two proofs of residency are required for all new memberships as well as renewals.
- Age Verification: Proof of age for minors is required by birth certificate or passport for all new memberships. A temporary driving permit, driver's license, or state ID also qualifies for those 15+.
- College Membership: Students age 18-23 must present a current class schedule or a current tuition bill form an accredited institution showing full-time status (12+ credit hours for undergrad and 8+ hours for graduate school) along with a photo ID. If the proper documentation is not available at purchase, students must purchase a HH Primary Membership.
- Corporate membership: Photo ID and current pay stub listing payment of Westlake City Income Tax.
Limited Non-Resident Membership Programs
- Neighbor Rate Program: This program is limited to cities that border Westlake and that do not offer full service recreation centers. This includes: Avon, Avon Lake, Bay Village, and North Ridgeville with a maximum of 500 Neighbor Membership packages accepted. Fairview Park may also join with a maximum of 100 packages. Neighbor Rate program members are not guaranteed to be eligible for renewal through the Once-a-Member Program after their initial one-year membership expires. We reserve the right to stop the sale of the Neighbor Rate Memberships at any time if we have issues related to capacity within the facility.
- Once-a-Member Program: Members who no longer live in Westlake or work within the city limits can maintain their recreation center membership. Let us know at the front desk that you no linger live or work in Westlake at the time of your renewal. Participants in this program will pay membership rates based on their previous residency/corporate status plus an additional $50 administrative fee per year. Note: Prior resident members pay the resident rate plus $50. Prior corporate members pay corporate rate plus $50.
- Family and Friends Program: Annual Members can sponsor a friend or family member who would like to join the Recreation Center but do not qualify for membership based on residency. The annual member must be in their second consecutive year of membership. Sponsoring member must be present at the time of registration.
- Westlake Property Owners: For those who do not reside in Westlake but own property within the City. Must provide current property tax information.
- Westlake Schools Rate: For those whose child attends an accredited school in Westlake. Must provide current tuition bill or class schedule. The following schools ARE eligible: Julie Billiart School, St. Bernadette, St. Paul Lutheran, Creative Playrooms - Montessori and Child Care Centers, Westshore Montessori, Westside Christian Academy, and Montessori Children's School.
Please Note: These Non-Resident membership programs are calculated as the corporate rate plus a $50 annual fee. This $50 fee must be paid yearly and in full at the time of registration. The $50 fee cannot be included in installment billing.