Rumpke now accepts some plastic beverage cups and aluminum cups in Westlake’s recycling program! "As a recycling leader, Rumpke is constantly working with end users to develop solutions for expanded recycling opportunities," said Jeff Snyder, Rumpke's Director of Recycling.
Examples of acceptable cups include plastic beverage cups from fast-food restaurants (think Starbucks, McDonalds, etc.), plastic souvenir cups and Ball brand aluminum cups. Plastic cups processed at Rumpke's recycling facilities will be used to make new plastic containers and aluminum cups will be made into aluminum cans.
Some additional guidelines include:
- Plastic lids should be reattached to plastic cups.
- Straws and stoppers are not accepted.
- Colorful Solo brand cups are not accepted. These cups are made from polystyrene and Rumpke currently does not have a secure, long-term end user for his material.
- Ceramic and glass cups are not accepted. In fact, they can be damaging to the glass recovery process.
- K-cups are not accepted.
- Paper cups are not accepted.
Remember to RECYLE RIGHT! This includes in your offices. Thank you for helping keep Westlake green!