The Westlake Recreation Department is partnering with University Hospitals (UH) St. John Medical Center to present a free, family-friendly community event celebrating health and wellness on Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022, at the Westlake Recreation Center, 28955 Hilliard Blvd. (accessible via Rec Center Drive).
Safety and Wellness Day will feature walk-up health screenings, Touch-A-Truck, a Bounce House and many different vendors from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The UH Mobile Health Unit will provide advanced 3-D mammogram screenings on-site at the Recreation Center from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
More information about the free walk-up health screenings that will be available and some “Fast Facts” about mammograms can be found in this event flyer, as well as below:
Walk-Up Health Screenings:
- Balance and grip
- Blood pressure
- Blood glucose
- Stroke risk assessment
- Vitaland Blood Donation
- Mammogram Screening
Breast Cancer & Mammography Fast Facts:
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.
- When breast cancer is found early, the survival rate is nearly 100%.
- Experts recommend that women begin annual mammography screenings at age 40.
- 3-D mammograms (tomosynthesis) increase the detection of invasive cancer by 41% and decrease call-backs by 15%.
- Screening mammograms are usually covered at 100% by most insurance providers.
- To schedule a mammogram during the event, please call 216-896-1768.
Safety and Wellness Day Flyer
UH 3-D Mammogram Screenings Flyer
NOTE: The information above may be subject to change. Visit us at www.cityofwestlake.org/Recreation.