100 Bags of Sunshine were delivered to seniors all across Westlake today in a great team effort between the Department for Senior and Community Services and the Westlake Police Department.
Community Services staff identified 100 local seniors who they felt would most benefit from an extra “spirit lift,” as well as a message that the staffers are looking out for them.
All 100 bags were donated, as were the items used to fill them. The donors included:
- Brookdale Senior Living, Susan Urankar
- Foundations Health, Jamie McGinty
- Cookies by Cris LLC, Cris Kennedy
NOTE: These donors were not solicited…. they came to us asking what they could do….which is how the idea came about.
The bags included:
- Gratitude worksheets
- Positive Quotes
- 50 Ways to Take a Break
- Meditation and Breathing Exercises
- Puzzles: Word Search, I-Spy’s, Trivia questions
- Positive Images
- Tea Bags
- Planters Trail Mix
- Gingersnap Cookie
- Chocolate Chunk Cookie
- A copy of the Observer and/or Baby Boomer magazine
- 2 handmade cards by local youth 😊
- A roll of toilet paper marked with a message reading "In case of emergency, break seal! Don’t Panic"